Monday, March 8, 2010

Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins- GF, SF

Bad news bears. My knees are killing me. After my run the other day they are throbbing with sharp pain. What the heck?! I'm taking it slow and we'll see how I feel after the Shamrock 8K this weekend.

So, The Beagle and I were sitting at home, watching Wheel of Fortune when I got a knock on the door. The Beagle did his guard dog duties by howling and barking and running to the door. I still think this is funny because he only does this at night when it's dark, never in the day. Such a good protector. Anyways, It was a nicely dressed man was at the door explaining something about this program that he was in and handed me a resume to read over. He went on to explain his program (i wasn't paying attention) and then asked about me. I told him the law school run down and he proceeded to ask me to purchase a magazine subscription. I said, "No." because I didn't have enough time to read (due to law school). Everyone knows this is a joke. Then he said that I could purchase a subscription and donate it to a Boys and Girls Club. I said that I was on a budget. I'm going to Hell. After I convinced him that I was not interested he asked me if I had a boyfriend. Um.. yes kind sir, I do. He then said that there was "something about me" that he had to just ask. Thanks, creeper, goodbye now.

One of the biggest things I miss eating are a certain egg and sausage breakfast sandwich from a certain fast food chain. Oh, how I miss those, but unfortunately, they come with a gluten filled English muffin. I tried out a new recipe and made delicious cinnamon raisin english muffins. They don't look pretty, but oooooooh so good, quick, and easy! Next time I'm making them plain and than making myself a delicious breakfast sandwich.


Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins, Gluten Free and Sugar Free

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups Flour blend (I make my own with rice flour and various starches)
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 packet regular yeast
3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon of warm water
1 teaspoon oil
1 and 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins
Corn meal for coating

Mix all ingredients except from cinnamon, raisins, and cornmeal.
Once blended, stir in cinnamon and raisins.
Divide the dough into 6 balls (or globs, in my case) and roll in corn meal.
Place on a greased cookie sheet and flatten them out to about 4inch rounds.
Place in a warm place to rise for 20 minutes.
After the dough has increased in height, bake in a preheated oven at 375 for 15 minutes.

Cool on a rack and than use a fork to split. Toast until crunchy and enjoy!

You can omit the cinnamon and raisins for plain English muffins.

Kind of looks like a big cookie, right?


Sooooooooo good! One of my favorite GF recipes yet.

1 comment:

  1. I would like one of those. Lets make something Friday? Maybe out of the wine cook book.

    ReplyDelete