Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Multigrain Chocolate Chip Cookies

Finals are approaching and that means emotional eating. I know this is not a habit I need to be supporting, but I have had an uncanny desire for chocolate cookies. Seeing that I am trying to clear out my cupboards, I altered the traditional recipe and made it gluten free.

Multigrain Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1/3 cup buckwheat flour
1/3 cup sorghum flour
1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon potatoe starch
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup oil (I didn't have butter so oil it is)
3/4 cup brown sugar or sweetener of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 cup chocolate chips

Combine oil, brown sugar and mix until thoroughly combined, stir in egg, baking soda, salt, vanilla, and xanthan gum. Mix in flours and once combined, stir in chocolate chips.

Drop 1/2 tablespoon blobs of dough onto a ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 11 minutes.

This is not a sugar-free recipe. I needed to get rid of brown sugar I had laying around and well, chocolate chips are obviously not SF. If I make this recipe again I will replace the sugar with agave nectar and maybe some SF cocoa nibs


.


1 comment: