Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Frosted Maple Nut Muffins SF, GF



Sorry blog-sphere for not updating. I started classes with my 2 1/2 hour commute each way so I've been plenty busy driving, homeworking, and working. For anyone dying to know, I survived Hood to Coast.
Clearly, this is pre-running enthusiasm.
I got home from work today planning on going for a run. It literally looked like a monsoon outside, so I decided to make cupcakes instead.






Frosted Maple Nut Cupcakes- SF and GF



Ingredients:


1/2 cup real maple syrup

1 cup rice milk

1 egg

1/4 cup grape seed oil

1 cup rice flour

1 cup millet flour

2 teaspoons xanthan gum

2 tablespoons flax meal

1/3 cup chopped walnuts



Beat liquid ingredients together using a stand mixer. Slowly add in flours, xanthan, and flax meal and return the mixer on high. Once the ingredients are thoroughly blended (it will be pretty liquid), pour into a well greased muffin tin. Sprinkle walnuts evenly over batter and bake for 22 minutes in a 425 oven.








Maple Nut Cream Cheese Frosting



Ingredients:


1 8oz package of neufchatel cheese at room temperature

1/3 cup pure maple syrup

2 tablespoons almond butter

1 teaspoon of cornstarch


Cream ingredients together until smooth. Spread on top of cooled cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. I missed your blogging. These cupcakes look delicious - like almost everything else you make :) I want to hear more about Hood to Coast. Congrats and good job, again!

    ReplyDelete