Saturday, January 29, 2011

70.3 Challange Part I

It's the dead of winter and I'm ready to start thinking about summer. For me this means training. I have a busier than usual spring and summer planned so I'm also planning my days and what hours I can allocate to what. Last year I did an Olympic Distance "challenge". I don't think anyone followed along with me, but it sure kept me accountable. So for the next 20 weeks, I'm going to do a 70.3 challenge. Part I is base building and my schedule for the next 4 weeks. I don't type in my training yet but I intend to follow something similar to this plan here: with a few adjustments since I am a slow biker and runner so the I will need to add some time on the runs and such. Alsok the plan is kind of crap since there are no rest days later on in the plan. My life schedule looks like the following: each day will include 8 hours for sleep, 3 hours for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and an hour of grooming and shower time.

Monday:
Class 4.5
driving 4
Training 3
Free 0.5

Tuesday:
Work 8
Driving 0.5
Training 3
Free: 0.5

Wednesday
Study 2
Training 3
Free 7

Thursday
Work 8
Driving 2.5
Training: 0
Free 1.5

Friday
Class 3
Driving 2
Training 3
Free 2
Study 2

Saturday
Class 6
Study 4
Driving 2
Training 4
Free 4

Sunday:
Training 5
Free 7

Am I insane? Don't answer that. I function really well on a schedule. My free/study times will be adjusted day by day depending on my needs. Also I don't expect to initially spend 3, 4, or 5 hours training every day, but I want to give myself plenty of time these initial weeks. I hope this is feasible. I looks a hell of a lot more productive then I am now, but this is a good thing, seeing that I slack off a ton during the week. In 4 weeks I'll re asses my choice and go from there.


Are you ready for the challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment