Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Little Old Man

The Beagle went back to the vet today. Over the weekend he developed a sore on his neck. I thought it was just irritation from his collar. Well last night when I picked up to go to bed (remember he can't go up stairs) the sore was huge and bloody. I cleaned it off the best I could with baby wipes, put alcohol and antibacterial ointment on it and tried to trim away some of the nappy fur. Momma Bear took him to the vet while I was at work. No idea what caused the sore, but he's on antibiotics now for that. He also get sent home with eye drops for his allergies. Vet said that he has an injured knee. He said it was genetic in beagles and if it doesn't get better with rest, he'll have to get surgery. In the meanwhile, The Beagle is sanctioned to kennel time when no one is home or if we need to go upstairs. He actually loves his kennel and voluntarily goes in it and lays down all the time.

I went for a run for the first time in a week and a half. I hate taking breaks because I feel like a pack a day smoker with all the endurance I lost. My shin hurt like a bitch. What the heck. I was going to do 6 miles but after 2 the shin hurt so I cut it short. grrrr

I'm icing like a mad woman now.



Workout: 4.5 mile run. 9:00 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment