Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fridge dump Crumble

I've had a jar of canned peaches sitting around in my fridge for about a month now. I don't even know why I buy canned peaches in the first place. I don't like them. After a short gym session with Miss A-G, I was craving something yummy and sugary. I'm out of eggs so cookies and cake is out of the question. I was determined to use those peaches before they started growing some fuzz.

After throwing together random things I had in my fridge, I was able to create something edible and delicious. Here's my creation.


Fridge Dump Crumble

Ingredients:

Crumb topping

3/4 cup Rice flour
1/4 cup Tapioca flour
1/2 cup sugar (I should have used less or used dates instead...)
4 tablespoons of butter.
dash of cinnamon and allspice.

Filling
About cup of canned peaches, rinses and broken into bite-sized chunks
about a 1/2 cup Raisins
about a 1/2 cup Dried cranberries

Mix filling and stick in a small casserole dish
Mix the crumb topping into fine "chunks" and sprinkle on top of filling.

Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
Stick under the broiler for about 5 minutes, or until the top is brown.

At this point I was a little unsure of the results...



But no worries, it was rather tasty.




This will definitely go in my recipe collection. Next time I'll either add more fruit, or less topping, or go run for 20 minutes before eating it. :)


On an other note, I found out that I don't like parsnips. I roasted some with a lil balsamic vinegar and oil (my go to roasting flavors) and I will not be making that again. On the upside, I turned the left overs into a delicious stir fry. yum.

FAIL

No comments:

Post a Comment