Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaack and a race report

I took the Oregon Bar exam this past week.  I don't really want to talk about it.  I had some interesting physical reactions though.  First the last 2 weeks of studying, I got a reoccurring crazy itchy rash on my upper thighs and wrists.  Second, I went from my usual "I can't stop stuffing my face with junk food" stress eating to not being hungry at all.  AT ALL.  Very un-Jayme-like. 
I officially have have the world's best boyfriend ever.  He took my on a surprise horseback riding tour and massage the day after.  Fab U Lous.
The race world has been non existent.  The Long course tri happened and I found out that they forgot to take my entry out right after bike check-in closed.  I was tempted to do the race on a  whim, but like I said... missed check-in.   I did a relay Oly tri at Hagg lake with TH and a friend.  I really felt left out and not doing the entire thing, but it was nice to be done after the swim.  I squeezed into my "new" full sleeve suit and had a 7 min PR on the swim, even though I missed a buoy and had to back track. 

Yesterday, TH and I ran in the Wildwood Trail 10K at Forest Park.  TH had registered me a week ago as I was busy studying.  I really didn't think much about the race.   We showed up and realized that I wasn't on the confirmation list.  It was a sold out race.  Anyways, the race director took our sob story and let me run anyways.  We later DID have to pay an increased race fee.  The race was a trail run that was pretty much uphill for 3.25 miles.  It was a 6.5 mi race but was listed as a 10K. Towards mile 2 my heart rate skyrocketed and I knew I had to slow down.  I gave in a walked for about half a mile.  It sucked.  A lot of people passed me.  I then decided to start running again and passed most of the people who passed me.  I was so thrilled the see the turnaround cone and flew back downhill.  It was kinda scary running so fast down hill with switchbacks and roots and rocks everywhere.  I managed to only twist my ankle once but now it's uber sore. 

I ended up getting 3rd in my age division (20-29).  I was not far behind 2nd or 1st place.  Made me kind of regret walking, but I was still happy to have done as well as I did considering I haven't ran for a really llng time.  My runs have been easy 10min/mi jogs here and there and that's about it.  I had one longer run with TH but mostly just 3 miles. 


Now all I have to do is find a job.  It's horrible to say but I've resorted to seeking non-lawyer jobs due to the lack of jobs anywhere.  It's pretty crappy that I'm even considering that option, let alone actually doing it, but Girl has loans to pay.  I swear, law school has been the biggest case of buyer's remorse. 


I don't get the Bar results back until September 22nd.  Prob, didn't pass seeing that day two left me speechless.

Ciao.


No comments:

Post a Comment